eFiling service is complimentary with your Essential Forms subscription, but there are four different types of fees that may be charged:
- $10 transmission fee. Charged regardless of whether the filing is accepted, partial, or rejected. Note this fee is charged per filing package, not per document, since you might have multiple documents/forms to attach.
- Court filing fees. Varies depending on the filing type, and is only charged when the filing has been “accepted.” These fees are not charged when the eFiling is first submitted. For more information on the court’s fees, please refer to their fee schedule.
- $3.70 court EFM fee. This is a combined $1.95 convenience fee and $1.75 technology fee paid to Los Angeles Superior Court.
- $3 processing fee. Merchant fee charged by the credit card company, only charged when the filing has been “accepted.” These fees are not charged when the eFiling is first submitted.
- eService fee at $1 per request.
Note: Charges will appear on your credit card statement from “UCLA CEB.”